It's Another Tuesday

 It's Another Tuesday

and this time I went fishing. It was a beautiful day, sunny with very little wind. Here in coastal, southern Georgia, the tides are more extreme than, say, south Florida. Today's was about eight feet. An aspect of such tides is that they flow really fast. If you're in a boat and want to fish under a bridge, it's probably best to fish a bit before to a bit after slack tide. It was perfect for that. I don't normally fish this way, so I was not perfectly prepared.                                                                                                                                                             



That's the second Flounder. It may have been legal, but I wanted one more like the first one. It broke the line.


This is the redfish (aka Red drum) I caught off an oyster bed. It is shown next to a boning knife, for size reference. It is of legal size and we will have fish and hushpuppies tomorrow.  I also got a whiting and an Atlantic croaker, but neither was worth keeping.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Season of Sloth