I Took Another Break

 By this time, I should stop calling them breaks. True, they have nothing to do with outboards, etc., but also, by this time, they aren't an interruption, but an ongoing behavior. Yeah -- I went hunting. I took pictures.

I got out of the car and  suited up, and almost immediately saw this:


A young tom turkey.

As I walked down the trail, he would stop, look back at me, then hurry around the next curve. Finally, he wandered into the bush and I continued looking for a good place to sit and wait for a deer. After a while, I headed back to the car, and here he was again. That's when I took this pic.

Here is where I have to mention Bill Watterson, creator of the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes.
When Hobbes leaps on Calvin, he is in the general shape of a giant letter "C," slightly elongated and tilted forward. That's what I saw next. In shadow, it looked just a bit like someone threw a dark blanket. The turkey squawked and took flight. The cat walked back into the path and took stock. Here he is just after he realized he wasn't alone.

He's just a little shorter at the shoulder than my border collie. I think he would weigh about thirty pounds.

Again, no deer.
So it goes.
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Season of Sloth