I Took A Break

I Was going to go fishing on Tuesday, but on Monday, I was talking to my neighbor, Jim, and It got around to hunting. There was an early deer season, three-day, Oct. 5,6,7, either sex, in a Wildlife Management Area nearby. I decided to go deer hunting instead. I would go the 5th and 6th, and leave Saturday to every kid and his dog that couldn't hunt during the week. My wife, Peggy, said, Take pictures!" I did.


That's a pretty fresh print, but I wanted one so fresh the deer was still standing in it.


This is an abandoned Gopher tortoise hole.



Just stating the obvious here.


These are purple false foxglove. There are field of them. they are beautiful.
I also saw some gallberries, but didn't get a usable picture. Didn't taste them either. Would you?



The morning dew on pine needles.

The morning dew didn't destroy the spider web. By that time, if something wasn't trapped, the adhesive qualities of the web would have deteriorated anyway. And in the meantime, isn't it beautiful?



Some people will shoot up anywhere. Or maybe they just have diabetes.


And some people will shoot a .45ACP anywhere. Sorry about the shitty resolution.


This is a long-tailed skipper.


Proof that there are squirrels here. That's what they do to pine cones.


This is the best way to be sure no one will drive right up to you while you're sitting on a stand. 


Another hunter.


What? You didn't see any deer? Neither did I. Next week, I'm going fishing.

 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Season of Sloth