It Could Have Been Worse





 It Could Have Been Worse

I didn't burn up the motor. (I have a history of this, and the motor is older than my middle age children, so it's not completely irrelevant.)

The boat didn't sink.

I got to see some of the local porpoises.

I caught some fish.











I got a Trout, a Weakfish and a whiting large enough to filet.

So when the motor began refusing to stay in gear, I knew it was no tragedy. I was not worried. I could get home on the trolling motor if I had to.

But when I was drifting and snagged the bottom, and the drag was set too tight and the screws attaching the rod holder pulled right out and the rod was in the drink before I could grab it -- the reel on that one was my Quick Finessa. I'm really going to miss it. I bought in the early nineteen-sixties.


This was three weeks ago. Since then, I have been working (a little) on the motor, thinking about it (a lot), and buying parts from time to time.

Also, I am looking at new rods and reels.













 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Season of Sloth